Center for Interdisciplinary Integrated Technology Field Monitoring
Center for Interdisciplinary Integrated Technology Field Monitoring (FIMO) is a research and development center of the University of Engineering and Technology (VNU) established on December 3, 2013. The core technologies researched and developed at FIMO are Big Data, Ubiquitous Computing, Cloud Computing, Spatial Data Infrastructure, Satellite Technology, Sensor, and Security. Since its establishment, FIMO has committed itself to researching and developing spatial data infrastructures and field monitoring tools (monitoring of environmental resources, natural disasters…).
- Organization structure
Center Director: Dr. Bui Quang Hung
Address: Room 408 – Building E3, 144 Xuan Thuy, Cau Giay, Hanoi.
Phone: (024) 37549727
Website: http://fimo.uet.vnu.edu.vn; https://fimo.edu.vn/
- Training activities
FIMO participates in the general training of the University of Engineering and Technology, especially in guiding undergraduate students, graduate students and for PhD students in their theses. Currently, FIMO is supervising 6 PhD students including 3 Vietnamese and 3 international PhD students from The University of Maryland (USA), Kyoto University (Japan) and the National University of Laos. Every year, FIMO guides 5-10 graduate students and 15-20 university students in writing graduation theses.
- Science and Technology
The main goal of FIMO’s scientific and technological research and development is to apply basic theory and advanced technology to solve real-life problems of society and the community. FIMO’s science and technology research activities are funded by domestic and foreign organizations and programs such as Erasmus+ Program (European Commission), Japan Agency for Science and Technology (Japan), Vietnam Space Technology Program, Vietnam National University… Here are the main research areas of FIMO:
- Spatial Data Mining
- Spatial Data Infrastructures
- Distributed Computing for Spatial Data
- Internet of Things
- 3D GIS
- Smart City
- Air Pollution Monitoring using Remote Sensing and Wireless Sensor Network
- Ship Monitoring using Remote Sensing
- Land Cover Land Use Change Monitoring using Remote Sensing, UAV, and Sensor Network (Rice Monitoring, Urban Monitoring, Rice Monitoring, …)
- Cooperation activities
With the spirit of “Thinking Globally, Acting Locally”, FIMO has many activities in cooperation and external relations. FIMO is a member of global scientific and technological organizations such as OGC (Open Geospatial Consortium) and UN-GGIM Academic Network. FIMO has a diverse network of international partners:
- USA: The University of Maryland, NASA LCLUC Program, NOAA, NASA Direct Readout Laboratory
- Europe (University of Toulouse 2 – France, University of Ferrara – Italy, EISTI – France, CNES – France, NSO – Netherlands, MEEO – Italy, eOsphere – UK
- Japan: NIES, NIED, Tokyo University, Tsukuba University, Chiba University, Osaka University, Kyoto University, Hokkaido University, Sapporo IT Front, Nextech.
- Asia: Feng Chia Univ. (Taiwan), National Central Univ. (Taiwan), Chinese University of Hong Kong, AIT.