MSc. Le Hoang Quynh won the Golden Globe Youth Science and Technology Award in 2021
From 66 excellent candidates in the field of science and technology who submitted their applications, the Central Committee of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union and the Ministry of Science and Technology selected 10 young talented faces to award the Golden Globe Award 2021. Among them, the University of Technology is honored to have MSc. Le Hoang Quynh – Secretary of the Union Branch of the Faculty of Information Technology, Lecturer of the Faculty of Information Technology (The VNU University of Engineering and Technology ) is one of the 10 individuals who received this award.
MSc. Le Hoang Quynh (second, right) is one of the members of the research team “Social network monitoring systems”
The awards are selected in five fields: medical and pharmaceutical technology, environmental technology, biotechnology, new material technology, information and communication technology and have been organized since 2003. This event aims to honor young talents with excellent achievements in studying and working in the field of science and technology (Science and Technology); create motivation and promote the movement of emulation, learning, scientific research, and application of advanced scientific and technological achievements to production and life; contribute to accelerating industrialization, modernization, and international integration, maintaining national defense, security, order, and social safety; at the same time, attracting the attention of all levels, sectors, managers and social forces in training, promoting and using young talents in the field of science and technology, contributing to fostering Nurturing talents for the country.
The VNU University of Engineering and Technology has been honored to have many staff and students win the Golden Globe Awards, specifically Assoc.Prof.Dr. Nguyen Viet Ha (2005); Assoc. Prof. Dr. Bui The Duy (2006); Assoc.Prof.Dr. Pham Bao Son (2007); Assoc.Prof.Dr. Le Sy Vinh and former student Ta Viet Cuong (in 2008), Assoc. Pham Ngoc Hung and alumnus Do Ngoc Tuan (in 2010), alumnus Nguyen Vuong Linh (in 2011), Assoc. Phan Xuan Hieu (2013); Dr. Ha Minh Hoang and student Pham Van Hanh (in 2017); Dr. Hoang Van Xiem (in 2019).
This year, the Organizing Committee identified that 66 excellent candidates nationwide voted for having many individuals with patents, utility solutions, and national and international science and technology project managers. practical use; many high-quality international publications in the list of Q1 and many national and international awards and medals.
With many achievements in scientific research, teaching, and as a young scientist in the fields of Information Technology, digital transformation, and automation, MSc. Le Hoang Quynh overcame 66 excellent young candidates to become one of 10 individuals honored in the fields of Information Technology, digital transformation, and automation. The award ceremony is expected to take place on December 19 in Hanoi and be live-streamed on the fan pages of the Central Portal of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union and Center for Vietnam Youth Talents, Science and Technology.
SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY ACHIEVEMENT
– 2 national patents.
– 3 scientific articles published in international scientific journals on the list of Q1 (1 article is the main author)
– 22 scientific articles have been published in international scientific conferences, of which: 3 articles published in international conferences in the list of Q2 (2 articles are the main authors), 19 scientific reports are published in full text in the proceedings of international conferences/conferences (5 articles are the main authors).
– Winning international awards organized by prestigious research communities:
+ Top 1 in the country, top 3% in the world at the Women in Data Science (WiDS) Datathon 2021 contest;
+ Rank 2 in the MEDIQA 2021 – Multi-Answer Summarization contest (part of the BioNLP workshop series, the leading workshop series in the field of natural language processing);
+ Top 4 challenges in extracting disease-causing chemical relationships in biomedical texts (BioCreative V, 2015).
+ As a member of DSMiner product research and development team, entered the final round of the Vietnamese talent contest 2020.
+ Successfully guided 16 bachelors.
– Certificate of Merit from the President of Vietnam National University, Hanoi for the academic year 2018-2019.
– Certificate of Merit from the Rector of The VNU University of Engineering and Technology for outstanding achievements in the academic year 2020-2021, 2019-2020, 2017-2018.
Certificate of Merit for outstanding achievements in trade union activities 2017-2018.
– Typical young face at the grassroots level in 2018-2019.
– Award for typical female information technology student awarded by the Ministry of Science and Technology and the Central Committee of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union.
– Research internship scholarship at National Institute of Informatics (NII), Japan (6 months, April 1, 2012-September 23, 2012).
– Toshiba scholarship for graduate students with excellent achievements.
– From 2019 to present: Secretary of the Union, leader of the Trade Union Group, Faculty of Information Technology, University of Technology, Hanoi National University.
– Participating in guiding science research students: won 04- second prizes at the Faculty level, the 01-second prize at University-level Science Research Student Conference, and second prize for Science Research Students of the Ministry of Education and Training.
– Organize and present many talk shows to inspire career orientation for students: Talk show Discovering the potential of Data Science (WIDS Hanoi 2021), research sharing at VietAI, scientific seminars at the laboratory test …
– Reviewer for some seminars in the field of Information Technology such as @, RIVF, KSE, etc…
– Member of the Vietnamese Speech and Language Processing Club of the Vietnam Association for Information Processing.